Why give to the YMCA Endowment?
There is no other organization quite like the YMCA. It is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community.
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials to learn, grow and thrive.
Anchored by more than 150 years of rich history and demonstrated community impact, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change.
Though the world may be unpredictable, one thing remains certain – the Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities.
Your gift to the YMCA of Greater Erie endowment ensures that the YMCA will continue to provide valuable, life enriching programs that will be available to all for generations to come.
The purpose of the YMCA of Greater Erie endowment is to fund projects that strategically support the continued growth of the Y and broaden community service in the areas of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Most recent allocations include:
- Renovation and expansion of the Eastside Family Y
- Repayment of endowment loan for the construction of the County Y.
- Real estate acquisition for expansion of Glenwood Park Y.
- Enhancements of facilities at Camp Sherwin including 6 new cabins, Spray & Play Park, new bridge, electric infrastructure upgrades, sewer lines
- Membership and strategic planning studies to identify areas for growth, community needs, gaps in service delivery and improvement.
- Renovation of Downtown YMCA 5thFloor for multi-purpose program space
The YMCA Heritage Club is a group of individuals, couples and families that have made a lasting investment in our community through their commitment to the YMCA Endowment Fund.
Members of the Heritage Club have the knowledge that because of their gift, the Y will continue to provide valuable, life-enriching programs that will be available for generations to come.
Heritage Club membership is gained through a minimum pledge of $5000 which can be designated in a variety of ways to assure the long-term viability of the YMCA of Greater Erie. Becoming a member of the Heritage Club requires a commitment, which now or in the future will add to the Y’s endowment fund.
Your gift tells the Y story to future generations by showing that planned giving creates opportunities where they are most needed: through enrichment of the Y right here in Erie. Before making any decision, please consult with an attorney and/or financial planner. Choose a variety of gift options:
- Outright gift of cash, securities or property
- Charitable Reminder Trust
- Gift Annuity or Pooled Income Fund
- Will bequest
- Life insurance policy beneficiary or owner
- IRA or retirement plan contribution
- Memorial gift honoring a loved one