Giving blood is a simple, safe way to make a big difference in people’s lives.
Donating blood can help:
- People who go through disasters or emergency situations
- People who lose blood during major surgeries
- People who have lost blood because of a gastrointestinal bleed
- Women who have serious complications during pregnancy or childbirth
- People with cancer or severe anemia sometimes caused by thalassemia or sickle cell disease
Before You Donate
If you think you want to donate blood, it’s important to make sure you meet the requirements and that you properly prepare.
You’ll need to be:
- At least 16 years old to donate whole blood (at least 17 to donate platelets) in most states
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- In good health and be feeling well
COUNTY - Blood Bank Bloodmobile
ESY - Blood Bank Bloodmobile